Becoming a Certified Life Coach: 5 Things To Consider
If you’re thinking about becoming a life coach, STOP right there and keep reading. We have something for you to consider.
We’ve created this list of 5 things you should consider before starting your life coaching career.
5 Things to Consider Before Becoming a Certified Life Coach
- Life coaching is a personal development journey for life coaches.
- You didn’t think that your clients would’ve been the only ones experiencing great breakthroughs, right? Sorry to break it to you, life coach, but you’ll also be experiencing your own personal development and growth journey. Sometimes you might feel like the “aha” moments will be more for you than for your client. In this industry, get ready to learn and grow alongside your clients. And, sometimes you’ll feel like you’re learning more than your client did in a session or that the messages you’re giving your clients are more so messages to yourself. My business is a mirror for me and my clients are as well. If you think you’ve done a lot of personal growth work before becoming a coach, watch how the journey will challenge you to the bones!
- Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
- When you become a life coach, you’re essentially starting your very own coaching business. You’ll have to find your own clients, set up your pricing and work systems which are all things business owners have to figure out when starting their business. Something else to keep in mind is that you won’t be reporting back to anyone else. You don’t “clock in” anymore. Instead, you have to wake up every day and have a go-getter attitude to make your coaching business successful. Notice how we said, “You have to wake up every day and have a go-getter attitude to make your coaching business successful” because it’s true. In order to see great results, you have to put in the effort and hard work.
- Are you willing to invest in yourself, your career, and your future?
- Being a life coach isn’t easy. You have to invest time, money, and energy into your business. And, before you even start coaching, you have to get your life coach certification. Finding a coaching certification that fits your needs and value is so important for the success of your career. As some of you may know, coaching programs vary in tuition price, but nevertheless, it is still an investment. However, it is an investment that is worth it in the end. Every business is going to cost money and if you didn’t know, now you do, but being an entrepreneur is expensive.
- What’s your WHY
- What’s your why?! Why start a life coaching career now? You have to get clear on why it is that you’re deciding to do this. These questions might help you get clear to get a clearer understanding. There are no wrong answers. Is it because you want to increase your avenues of income, want more freedom, or are you looking to make some change in people’s lives? Once you figure out your why, it all becomes easier for you to navigate because you’ve gotten clear on why you’re looking to start your life coaching business.
- Create a GLOW plan
- You probably have a vision and goals you want to accomplish within your coaching business, right? We encourage you to write out your GLOW plan. By doing so, you can chunk your goals into smaller, more manageable steps. This gives your resistance less room to talk smack, and instead helps you create more actionable steps for your goals. Make your that your goal is something that makes you feel good and inspired. A little piece of advice, from us to you, is that if your goal is truly in alignment with your desires, it will fall into alignment much easier. We can’t wait to see you GLOW!